Depending on your living situation, you can either invest in a cute box or an entire drawer for your sex essentials. I like using vintage hat boxes to store my sexy things. They give off a sexy boudoir vibe and make for great decoration! Keep them stacked by your bed-side and voila – you’ve got yourself a sex box!
Make sure to keep your box tidy at all times—it is a reflection of you after all. It is absolutely off putting opening someone’s pleasure chest just to find a used crusty vibrator, loose hairs and tissues mixed with dust. No, thank you!
You can even have two pleasure chests/boxes: one for common/daily use, another with items that you use sporadically.
Here are some ideas for stocking your pleasure chest with goodies.
- Candles & Matches. They don’t call it mood lighting for nothing. Candles are the most inexpensive and easiest way to create a sexy atmosphere. A common mistake women make is investing in fancy candles and then refusing to light them because they don’t want to “waste” them. These candles stand around for years in your bedroom, collecting dust. The solution: purchase a giant bag of inexpensive tea lights and light as many as you want!
- Condoms. This one is obvious, but I need to put them on the list. A lady is always prepared. Empower yourself and don’t rely on others to have a condom on them. Whether you are single or in a committed monogamous relationship, condoms are always a good idea. Buy a box and make sure to check the expiration date once in a while.
- Wet wipes and tissues. These are an absolute must-have in all bedrooms, whether you are midnight snacking on chocolate or on each other.
- Lip balm, nail file and hand cream. Soft lips and soft hands make it a pleasure to touch and kiss, and to be touched and kissed.
- Water, breath mints & hard candy. Trying to maneuver around each other’s post-dinner garlic breath kills the sexy vibe. Breath mints and water to the rescue! Sucking on sour hard candy helps produce instant saliva in case you’ve got a case of cotton mouth.
- Lubricant or organic cold-pressed coconut oil. Invest in high-quality lubricant. Try out at least several types before settling on the lube your body prefers. (NEVER use oil-based lubricants with latex condoms).
- Sex toys. Divide up your collection into often-used and sporadically-used toys. Make sure to properly wash them before and after each use. Keep your toys safe by keeping them in their individual pouches.
- Washable Bed Mats. It usually takes one set of expensive bed-sheets ruined with oil/lubricant or period stains to prompt the investment in a proper sex mat. An old towel with stains just doesn’t cut it anymore. Let’s choose to be classier than that, ladies! Look for a sexy waterproof sex blanket designed specially for messy sex. I adore the leopard print Venus Matters mats. No more wet spots, oil, semen or blood stains, no more worries. Have your fun on the mat and drop it into the washing machine right after!
- Dental dam and non-latex gloves. These are for naughty anal playtime or whenever you wish to channel your inner kinky nurse. Gloves are especially great for those with expensive manicures or long nails.
Don’t forget to keep a glass of water by your bedside as well.
Is there anything you keep in your pleasure chest which I have not mentioned?